It's been far too long since I've had any Disney food in my kitchen, so this week I decided to make a Food & Wine Festival classic - beef bites! This is an out-of-the-box recipe using beef, and it's a hearty one, so be prepared for leftovers (they reheat well). Oh, and did I mention this involves a chocolate & red wine sauce?
1.5 lb. beef tenderloin
1 pint red wine
3.5 oz. white onions
3 oz. dark chocolate, cut into chips
3 oz. butter
6 drams fresh thyme (dram = 3/4 teaspoon)
8 whole cloves
black pepper to taste
1 dram cinnamon
1 bay leaf
salt to taste
1. Cut the beef into small bites and marinate it with wine, cloves, cinnamon, crushed black peppercorns and bay leaf. Put into a container and keep in fridge for 12 hours, stirring from time to time.
3. Drain the meat from the marinade and add the meat to the stewed onion, cooking for a few minutes.
4. Add the marinade and the thyme (without its woody parts), and keep cooking on a low heat.
5. When the meat is cooked through, discard the bay leaf, add the chocolate and season with salt and pepper to taste.
You can serve these little beauties with polenta, potatoes, or if you're like me - pasta!
* Tillamook Cheddar Mac and Cheese - Artist Point, Wilderness Lodge
* Dulce de Leche - Food & Wine Festival
* Curry Butternut Soup - Boma, Animal Kingdom Lodge