It's summertime, which means berries are in season! And I wanted to take advantage of the amazing produce at my grocery store AND whip up something Disneyfied, so voila! I present to you the Berry Cobbler from Artist Point in Disney's Wilderness Lodge resort. This delicious dessert is easy to make and perfect for a summer get-together.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
1 cup heavy cream
12 ounces fresh blueberries and/or raspberries, blackberries, etc
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
Raspberries/strawberries/blackberries for garnish
1. Whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Blend in 1/2 cup butter until crumbly.
2. With a fork, stir in the egg and mix just enough to blend. Add heavy cream and mix to incorporate. Do not overblend.
3. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9-inch cake pan.
4. Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the cake pan. Place the berries on top of the dough and sprinkle with brown sugar. Place the two remaining tablespoons of butter (cut into small pieces) on top.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve with fresh berries, whipped cream, ice cream, or all of the above.
This post is part of the DisMarks Blog Carnival. Go here for more Disney goodness.
* Princess Cake - Akershus
* Apple Cobbler - Liberty Tree Tavern
* Mango Mousse - Food & Wine Festival