Fall is finally here, and my kitchen couldn't be happier! Finally, I can bake things without dying of heatstroke. And fall foods are some of my favorites - apple pies, soups, and breads. Heaven. And in a moment of "let's start brainstorming what to make for Thanksgiving this year," I decided to whip up some of the Garden Grill's Sunflower Seed Bread. If you have the time, this recipe is a worthy investment.
First, make the starter dough.
3/8 cup water
1 cup bread flour
pinch of fresh yeast
Start it up!
Mix together all ingredients and rest overnight in refrigerator.
The next day, it's time to get baking!
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 cups starter dough
3/4 oz. fresh yeast
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
1 1/2 cups water
1. Mix everything together and knead dough until smooth texture and it comes away from the mixing bowl clean.
2. Cover dough with cloth and let it rest for 30 minutes.
3. Scale dough pieces into desired weight and shape pieces into round dough balls.
4. Proof the dough until it is double the size.
5. Place in hot oven (400°F) for approximately 15-20 minutes. Delicious!
* Macaroni and Cheese - Jiko, Animal Kingdom Lodge
* Sweet Bread - Kona Cafe, Polynesian Resort
* French Toast Loaf - Main Street Bakery